Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager eCommerce – Acquisition Products (IAP/ Web), you own the Sling.com and Sling app acquisition cart strategy and product roadmap. Leveraging the product, you will be charged with improving cart conversion and ARPU while ensuring the net impact of all incremental product changes is positive by understanding roll-to-pay and/or churn data. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with the engineering, UX design, finance, legal, customer service, analytics, and executive teams to bring products to market that drive our business forward. A successful candidate will be able to understand our user behavior by marrying quantitative and qualitative data to develop deep insights and uncover potential opportunities for product enhancement. As such, a successful candidate will be highly analytical, a great communicator who demonstrates strong personal conviction, and demonstrates an ability to flex seamlessly between teams and/or projects. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the OTT customer, both existing and potential.
- Understand the interplay inherent in site related metrics and serve as a knowledge center for on-site user behavior.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class video customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management to deliver on the product roadmap.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- 5-7 years of experience driving new product development and enhancements in an eCommerce product management role (or equivalent education)
- Proven success in working directly with engineers within an agile development process (scrum and/or Kanban)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- Demonstrated ability to predict user behavior around proposed work and ability to leverage that understanding to drive prioritization