Product Manager at Pana
Today, coordinating business travel is complex because of competing interests, opaque industry practices, convoluted systems, and bad software.
But we believe that travel is a force-multiplier for growth.
Travel connects teams to new and existing co-workers, partners, and customers. It enables new opportunities, produces unexpected collaboration, and shifts perspectives. That’s why we focus daily on making travel more about why you’re going and less about how you’ll get there.
Our mission is to make in-person collaboration effortless.
- Make Safe Spaces
- People are happiest and most effective when they can take risks without fear of being judged as stupid, negative, or disruptive. We encourage admitting mistakes, asking questions, and offering new ideas.
- Say What You Mean
- We openly share our thoughts and feelings because we believe that debate leads to better decisions. We care about seeing each other succeed, so we frequently give direct and specific positive and constructive feedback to each other.
- Check Your Ego
- We’re solving unknown and complex challenges, so we constantly challenge our own assumptions and beliefs. We engage others’ feedback early and often, because we believe that teams accomplish more than individuals.
- Own product vision for your area, and ensure that it aligns with overall product and company vision.
- Define functional requirements, product specifications and project plans to solve hard problems.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, business teams, users, and customers to develop and ship impactful features and products.
- Work with data and engineering teams to articulate clear metrics for measuring the impact of the features you ship.
- Maintain relationships with external parties such as partners, vendors, and suppliers and manage projects related to integrating with their systems.
- Writing requirements for stories in the upcoming engineering sprint.
- Running sprint planning and story point estimation with our engineers.
- Prioritizing stories based upon feedback.
- Coordinating a release strategy of a new feature with engineering and operations teams.
- Meeting with customers to gather feedback and discover new opportunities.
- Working with partners to understand they can help us deliver more value.
- 6+ years of experience in a product role at a software company.
- Extensive experience shipping complex product functionality functionality into production
- Experience working within the travel industry is a huge benefit
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Denver (we're in RiNo!)
Note: An offer of employment at Pana is contingent upon passing a background check. This does not include a credit check. All background investigations will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit in Reporting Act and other applicable state/local regulations.