Product Manager at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager for Sling TV, you will be responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and delivery of the user experience for existing customers across a variety of Sling TV platforms (e.g. Smart TVs, Xbox, etc.). You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a customer-driven experience. Our Product Managers also play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to evangelizing our product vision and leading the execution of our growth strategy. You will also be part of forging the way millions of people watch TV. We are looking for a high-energy, strategic, user-centric, and data-driven individual who will be able to spearhead product initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the OTT customer.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class video customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Define quality business requirements for solutions that achieve our business objectives.
- Deliver on the testing, analysis, and iterations of the solutions you own.
- Communicate and drive toward the product vision
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Product Manager would have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university OR relevant work experience OR combination of education and relevant work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Product Management, preferably at a video, mobile, or similar company
- Proven success in working directly with engineers within an agile development process (scrum and/or Kanban)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and uncertain environment, a high level of intellectual curiosity, and a focus on generating results
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas