Product Manager at Workiva
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. We build next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity and pride ourselves on bringing consumer-grade experiences to our business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Our solutions are used by thousands of companies globally, including over 75% of the top 500 U.S. companies, allowing our users to work more efficiently and spend more time with their families.
Our Product Managers are the glue holding our business and technology strategies together. They are charged with listening to our customers, understanding our business, and collaborating with our full product development teams to build groundbreaking solutions that empower our customers to get their jobs done quickly and right. You'll have a healthy mix of technical and customer experience responsibilities and the autonomy to set the course for your product area.
As the Product Manager for our Cross-Document Platform, you will be responsible for developing our customer experience platform across our most critical document types: Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations. Your leadership will ensure that our customers have a consistent, coherent, and delightful experience across our editors and are provided with the tools and capabilities they need to accomplish their best work.
We are large enough to have the resources and scale to tackle huge technical and customer experience challenges but small enough that each Product Manager has a very real opportunity to impact the course of our business. We love straddling these worlds and think you will too.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Define the end-to-end product vision and strategy, and drive execution for your area
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and pain points
- Prioritize and sequence feature development and releases leading to tangible business value
- Develop your ideas into real products that our customers use and love every day
- Build strong working relationships across engineering, design, project management, and business teams
- Apply analytical rigor by leveraging customer usage data to make data-driven decisions
- Serve as an advocate for your customers throughout the organization and hold a very high bar for building a high-quality product
We're excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager with a proven track record
- A strong ability to develop and communicate product vision to your team, peers, and stakeholders
- A self-starter mindset to execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Leadership skills – the ability to influence and inspire your team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- An excellent understanding of product development and how web technologies work
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Ability to travel to meet with customers and/or key stakeholders, product teams in other Workiva locations (up to 20%)
- Bonus points if you have prior experience in software development or similar field
- Bonus points if you have an MBA
Look here to learn a bit more about us:
- Workiva Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom
- Workiva Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
- Workiva YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Workiva