Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a Product Manager to guide the development of our cloud-driven hardware video products. This new technology is unique in the video industry and is positioned for accelerated growth, allowing customers to stream video to many destinations (YouTube, Facebook, Periscope, etc.) all at once. More about our hardware products here: https://www.wowza.com/products/clearcaster
This product management position will be critical in building products that deliver significant customer value. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building innovative solutions that solve customers’ job to be done.
Experience in the video and audio streaming industry, the concepts behind outcome driven innovation, and agile development methodologies are a plus.
What you will be doing:
• Bringing to market products and services that deliver significant customer value.
• Working with customers and prospects to understand their job to be done and identify innovations that increase customer satisfaction.
• Prioritizing features within sprints and across the backlog. Making trade-off decisions on feature scope and release schedule.
• Working with engineers to articulate business and product requirements.
• Owning technical support escalation decisions and prioritization.
• Attend trade shows and other events to represent Wowza and showcase our technology.
To be successful, you must have the ability to drive a project from start to completion, be very detail-oriented, be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills. The ability to work well cross-functionally and with remote personnel is also required.
Experience we would love you to have
• Proven track record of driving customer value via product innovation
• Strong technical background in video streaming technologies and/or software is required
• Familiarity with Jobs To Be Done, Outcome Driven Innovation, and Agile Development Methodologies.
• 4+ years experience in product management
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with people of all types.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to understand complicated software and hardware technology.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces(with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.