We are seeking an eager and driven Product Manager to join our team in Denver. At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
As part of our Product team, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, development, and delivery of the best possible experience that helps homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of Designers, Engineers and Testers to build the best customer experience.
- Develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape.
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance – specifically user attitudes and behaviors.
- Dig into the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories.
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential for future growth
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- To constantly advocate for the user and their needs
- At least 3 years of relevant experience: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment with a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A savvy balance of Independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- Comfort with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results.
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable past success and career ambition
We are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’ve made it this far along our post, this probably sounds a lot like you and where you want to thrive! We would be delighted to have the opportunity to start the conversation!
Have some general questions about working with us? Chat online with our recruiting team – visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next chat.
Consumer Web Product Development
Collaborating with Development, QA, UX