Simple Energy is a fast-paced, fast-growing, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption. We’re looking for someone to join our team and help us change the world.
As a Product Manager, you will serve as the CEO of your product offering. You will own the roadmap, feature definition, go-to-market strategy, P&L and execution of your product. As such, you will manage the entire product life cycle from strategic to tactical activities to drive results and product growth. You will be responsible for defining features that drive results for the product in web, mobile, email and paper experiences. The implementation process includes designing, executing, and testing feature(s) to determine which ones move the needle and which ones should be discarded. You will own the success of the product by working with our talented design and engineering teams to get the features implemented.
- Use a data-driven approach to set the long term vision and strategy of your product
- Actively manage, prioritize and communicate your product roadmap and backlog with the rest of the company
- Work with other product team members to manage the product roadmap in both a broad-strokes strategy level as well as a day-to-day tactical level
- Drive development of your products across the entire lifecycle,including product inception, UX and creative design, story writing, engineering development, and acceptance testing,
- Position your product in the market and partner with our Product Marketing resources to continue to grow our market share
- Using a rigorous approach to constantly refine and improve your products
- Understanding what is important to our customers and our success and applying that to the development and iteration of both new and existing features
- Partnering with our product marketer to enable the sales team to position and sell our products
- Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment
- Ability to partner with our UX and creative team to create a compelling customer experience
- Proven experience in contributing to a successful project or product in the past
- Experience driving product through split testing
- Experience with a web based company managing web based applications
- Passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Passion for writing product specifications, white papers
- Previous start-up experience is a strong plus
- Detail orientation and a need to get things done right
Benefits every Simple Energy employee gets:
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in Simple Energy
- Getting to live in one of the greatest places in the world – Boulder (we're a little biased)
- Health insurance coverage
- Wellness Plan - Reimbursement toward Ski Passes, Gym Memberships, Race fees, etc
- Rocky Mountain National Park Annual pass
- Boulder/Denver B-Cycle Annual membership
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think about and act on saving energy.
Reporting to: Director, Product Development
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.