Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a Product Manager to guide the development of our hardware products. Our new hardware technology can be use to solve many market opportunities. This position will be key in building products that delivery significant customer value. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building innovative solutions that solve customers’ job to be done. Experience in the video and audio streaming industry, the concepts behind outcome driven innovation, and agile development methodologies are a plus.
What you will be doing:
- Bringing to market products and services that deliver significant customer value.
- Working with customers and prospects to understand their job to be done and identify innovations that increase customer satisfaction.
- Prioritizing features within sprints and across the backlog. Making trade-off decisions on feature scope and release schedule.
- Working with engineers to articulate business and product requirements.
- Owning technical support escalation decisions and prioritization.
- Attend trade shows and other events to represent Wowza and showcase our technology.
To be successful, you must have the ability to drive a project all the way from start to completion, be very detail-oriented, be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills. The ability to work well cross-functionally and with remote personnel is also required.
Experience we would love you to have:
- Proven track record of driving customer value via product innovation
- Strong technical background in video streaming technologies and/or software is required
- Familiarity with Jobs To Be Done, Outcome Driven Innovation, and Agile Development Methodologies.
- 4+ years experience in product management
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with people of all types.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand complicated software and hardware technology.
Who we are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.