Product Manager (User Experience) at Apostrophe, Inc.
Apostrophe is building the health plan that can fix America.
The largest, most innovative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut their healthcare costs by 20%-40% while delivering better benefits to their employees. Apostrophe’s Intelligent Health Benefits Platform makes their best practices plug-and-play for the other 80% of US employers who self-insure their health benefits.
We are backed by top tier investors including Blue Cross Blue Shield and Norwest Venture Partners. Our revenue is growing at 250% year-over-year and we are on track for profitability in the next 24 months. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing Series A company but have the impact of an early team member.
Who You Are
You are a skilled critical thinker and natural problem solver. You are motivated to understand a customer’s pain-points, work cross-functionally to identify actionable solutions, then drive those to reality with your engineering team and internal stakeholders. You are detail oriented, committed to the highest level of quality, eager to constantly evolve, and excited to fix healthcare in America through innovative technology.
What You’ll Do
- Work cross functionally to identify opportunities to improve user experience by driving both technology and process improvements; provide recommendations to business stakeholders on how to improve each persona’s overall experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert across product management to define and implement user experience research, design and testing best practices
- Collaborate with business and engineering stakeholders to iteratively design and enhance product features and capabilities, and implement a cohesive, world class user experience that truly empowers our users at every point of interaction
- Collaborate with engineering to iteratively develop and validate advanced web and mobile product experiences and respond quickly to user and market needs
- Own cross-functional objectives and initiatives and drive measurable key results that will help Apostrophe grow by 4x by 2021
- Be a cheerleader for Apostrophe and its product both inside and outside our office
- This position reports to the Director of Product
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years of product or user experience background
- Extensive experience in using UX best practices to design solutions using both technology and business process
- Self-starter that loves building user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Strong understanding of healthcare user personas is a plus
- Experience developing and managing formal requirements in a collaborative agile team environment; experience with behavior-driven practices is a plus
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
Who We Are
Apostrophe’s Intelligent Health Benefits replace the health plan administrator and legacy provider network to deliver better benefits for less money to self-insured employers. We are driven by simplicity, transparency and love to provide healthcare purchasing stewardship and market-leading member care that puts employers back in control of cost and experience.
We are a certified B Corporation and Techstars Boulder 2017 company building a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Our home base is in Downtown Denver with plenty of parking / transit options and snacks. We offer a robust package of benefits including 401K, health savings accounts, and company subsidized health, vision, and dental benefits for employees and their families. If you don’t currently live in Colorado but would like to, this could be your opportunity.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
A Note to Recruiters:
Apostrophe requires a signed agreement with recruitment/placement agencies before receiving résumés from your business. We will not pay or be held liable for placement fees for candidates submitted by agencies which are not one of our approved talent recruitment partners. Résumés sent to Apostrophe without a fully executed agreement in place may be freely used by Apostrophe without compensation to the originating agency.