Product Manager, Student Sponsorship at Guild Education
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
The Product Manager, Student Sponsorship is a newly created role, reporting to Jamie Masterson (Director of Product, Payments and Platform), focused on scaling our sponsorship product and offering from MVP functionality to a core and strategic part of our payments marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Own the product strategy, roadmap, and delivery against the roadmap for all sponsorship related product investments.
- Use data, user research and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a business case for new product investments.
- Lead cross-functional projects related to enhancing and optimizing the sponsorship experience, work with operations, marketing, academic partners and other product managers to create a cohesive end-to-end experience.
- Work directly with engineering, design, and senior leadership to deliver effective product(s) to market.
- Act as the Product Owner for Guild’s sponsorship product and development team, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
In this role you will collaborate closely with: Alex Pepin (Product Manager, Payments), Annie He (Director of Product Operations), Sveta Dawant (Technical Operations & Strategic Initiatives Director), and Mae Podesta (SVP, Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years experience in a product management role, working cross-functionally with operations teams and taking products to market.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering and non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of product solutions.
- Experience with working with Looker/Tableau (ability to write SQL preferred).
- Attention to detail; you’re willing to dig deep into the details to get things right
- Experience with payments, workflow tools, or B2B2C businesses is a plus.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.