Product Manager - Sling TV at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product at Sling includes the technology that enables our customers’ viewing experience. As a Product Manager for Sling TV, you will be responsible for working with a team of software, quality and UX engineers, and members from various business functions to build the right solutions for our customers. You will act as a leader to develop the product roadmap, requirements, user experience, and product strategy related to our web and in app sign up. As well as actively talking to customers to synthesize data and metrics, make decisions on features and initiatives, and help craft the vision in their domain.
Sling Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of our product strategy. You will be part of forging the way millions of people watch TV.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of software, QA and UX engineers, and analysts to design and deliver software that delights our customers.
- Develop product strategies that solve customer and business problems.
- Define archetypical customers and create a product vision with customer obsession at its core.
- Be responsible and accountable for outcomes achieved by deliverables.
- Discover problems using primary and secondary customer research.
- Actively talk to customers and gain first hand feedback on the products.
- Create customer problem statements/hypotheses, use product techniques such as Lean Canvas, Value Proposition Mapping, Opportunity Solution Trees, Jobs to be Done, A/B testing, and similar product management techniques to validate product ideas and potential solution using data and experimentation.
- Investigate technologies (inside and outside Sling) and evaluate them for their potential to solve market problems. Lead efforts to make build vs. buy decisions.
- Be responsible for a product backlog, including its refinement, prioritization, and execution through Sprint activities.
- Actively manage product value, usability, feasibility, and business risks.
- Measure the effectiveness of product releases post-launch and iterate on product outcomes.
- Use a prioritization framework for discovery, backlog features and stories, using Kanban and Scrum tools including Jira and Rally.
- Identify product dependencies and negotiate their prioritization and mitigation with other teams.
- Play an active role in daily stand-ups and Scrum ceremonies.
- Manage and prioritize all backlog items, including non-functional requirements, technical debt, and defects.
- Build alignment to the product team vision throughout the organization using presentations and roadmaps, and align the roadmap to strategic initiatives and metrics in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Continuously evangelize their product domain throughout the organization.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A successful Product Manager is smart, creative, persistent, high-energy, strategic, customer-focused, and detail-oriented individual
- Displays strong initiative for anticipating and meeting customer and business demands, an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and uncertain environment, a high level of intellectual curiosity, and a focus on taking ownership and initiative
- Ability to shift between the strategic 30,000 ft-view and tactical activity levels on a daily basis (focusing on the high level and product details simultaneously)
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, market trends, technical concepts, and evaluate new ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, product management skills, along with great communication and collaboration skills
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university OR relevant work experience OR combination of education and relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management, preferably at a video, mobile, or similar company
- Experience with Design Thinking and Agile Framework methodologies is a strong plus