Product Manager - Services
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to fuel SendGrid’s growth by expanding our services product line. You’ll own the direction and strategy of our services products and work alongside world-class product managers, pricing and data science experts.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Interview customers to understand their problems and jobs to be done.
- Create and drive pricing and packaging strategies across the Services portfolio.
- Partner with services stakeholders to prioritize an opportunity backlog and plan quarterly roadmaps for the direction of SendGrid Services.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Rapidly test new ideas with qualitative and quantitative research.
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
- 4+ years of experience in product management or strategic consulting, preferably with experience in services products as well as pricing and packaging strategies.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive action.
- Business acumen with consulting skills and experience.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your target users and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems.
- Strategic – You are able to absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize your backlog. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis.
- Git ‘er Done – You are comfortable serving as a Product Manager within an Agile Scrum environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements and solutions to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the scrum teams you lead.
- Cross Functional Leader - You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 35 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.