Product Manager - Server at CircleCI
CircleCI is hiring a Product Manager to help our teams deliver a great and cohesive experience for our largest customers! In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team to help solve customer problems for our Server product.
The team is responsible for helping to drive a robust solution that allows customers to install, update, and manage the CircleCI experience on-prem. As the Product Manager, you have ownership over this product domain and are accountable for its success. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, execution, and outcome for the team.
You will work with engineers, product analysts, and designers to define the product vision, make decisions based on data and user research, and help our teams deliver CircleCI products quickly and continuously.
We run a durable teams model where teams focus and own a particular product domain vs. a project-driven approach. Our Product Managers are responsible for their domain, their metrics and are for delivering successful outcomes to move those metrics.
This role is an excellent opportunity for Product Managers who want to have a meaningful impact on helping us ship products that help thousands of developers deliver at scale!What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the team's vision and mission, product strategy, and critical metrics.
- Take ownership of what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Break down complexity and ambiguity into manageable pieces that can be delivered and iterated on.
- Work directly with customers to understand their goals, problems, desired outcomes, and craft solutions that meet those needs.
- Partner with our sales, account management, and business development teams to assess opportunities and turn those opportunities into practical plans.
- Define MVPs, prioritize features, build agreements, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and product managers to ship quality experiences.
- Establish what success means for your teams and foster accountability for building the right thing.
- 2+ years of product management experience, preferably experience working with Enterprise software.
- Passionate about solving critical problems for developers at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and explain the rationale behind those decisions.
- Entrepreneurial approach and an ability to deal with ambiguity and continuously evolving environments.
- Excellent analytical abilities and experience with user research and building business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities.
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested, and released to customers.
- Desire to work with technical products and technical users.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will report to Senior Director Product Management, Aakar Shroff.
The Colorado salary range for this role is $126,000 - 148,500/year.