Product Manager - Saver Trust at Ibotta
Ibotta is the fastest-growing consumer tech company in Colorado and one of the five most frequently used mobile shopping apps in the United States. We are looking for a Product Manager within our Redemptions Group to lead with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and marketers responsible for the continued success of Saver Trust (fraud prevention). This is an excellent opportunity to work at a high-growth consumer tech company and continue to grow our payments products.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and marketers to build trust with our users through secure, frictionless, and engaging earnings experiences
- Partner with senior leadership to identify and prioritize initiatives with potential to deliver the greatest business impact
- Set the product strategy for fraud mitigation products
- Own the product roadmap for all projects related to your initiatives
- Define what success looks like, how it will be measured, and how it will impact company-wide goals
- Use A/B testing, UX research, and other data, both quantitative and qualitative to inform product decisions and prioritization
- Build partnerships and manage stakeholders across product development and other departments
- Drive major product initiatives focused on expanding the Ibotta experience to new channels
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years (5+ for SPM) of product management experience at fast-growing tech companies specializing in payments, financial services, and/or fraud mitigation experience preferred
- Experience balancing fraud mitigation with product growth, especially around new product launches where the two may come into conflict
- Comfort navigating product challenges in a high growth environment, working cross-functionally within a collaborative culture, and leading a team through dynamic change
- Excellent quantitative skills, with an ability to run A/B tests, manipulate data, conduct analysis, and draw meaningful insights to guide decision making
- An ego-free embrace of vigorous debate and conviction that it's better to be aligned than right
- A strategic perspective to say no to good ideas so we can focus on the few, truly great ones
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that shepherd stakeholders along and bolster your decisions with focus and brevity
- Experience in fraud mitigation and prevention
- BA/BS in CS/Engineering or Economics/Physics/Math is a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.