Product Manager - RUO Software (ADX-222-20) at ArcherDX
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Align with assay product management team and develop software strategy and roadmap
- Drive roadmap execution technically and commercially in partnership with the assay product management team, marketing team, and regional sales
- Understand and actively assess the market: segmentation, dynamics, trends, regional regulatory landscape pertaining to data privacy, data handling, and data residency. Actively monitors industry to understand the competitive environment and anticipates precision oncology market trends and demands. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change (as appropriate) for in flight products.
- Analyze and segment various global markets to determine compelling value propositions, competitive positioning, most desirable product attributes and trade-offs, most appropriate business model
- Develop business cases in collaboration with assay product management for new market opportunities and proposals. Include creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, market analysis and input into the annual Marketing Budget and metrics that will allow assessment of market adoption of ArcherDx’s solutions enabled by software
- Drive successful relationships with key customers to ensure an understanding of emerging trends and key drivers for successful adoption of new products
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Software, Finance and other key functions and teams.
- Partner with Global Product Management and Business Development to incorporate regional considerations in portfolio decisions and go to market priorities.
- Lead development of user stories, market requirements and work together with the technical product manager to define technical specifications
- Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department
- Lead core team in product development projects, representing the voice of the customer, while partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the successful introduction of the product into the market
- Own the customer-driven process to define user workflows in different use settings and communicate this workflow to sub-teams for implementation.
- Own early access programs to ensure validation of user requirements and specifications as well as allow optimization of overall user experience to help drive repeat business
- Develop go to market plans in collaboration with assay product managers and global marketing built to achieve revenue goals, ensure successful customer adoption and accelerate ramp to volume
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development.
- 5-10% travel both domestically and/or internationally, as required.
- Previous experience with genomics software development
- Minimum of 4 years as a software product manager, product owner or similar position with software development life cycle and scrum methodologies experience
- Ability to build business cases with quantitative market analytics, revenue, NPV and profitability projections.
- Strong understanding of software development, architecture, user interfaces, and web development to understand and explain software technical considerations and trade-offs.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing technology or workflow strongly preferred
- Previous sales, marketing or business development experience preferred
- Experience in and knowledge of molecular biology, in vitro diagnostics, medical devices.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion.
- Ability to develop support materials (internal and customer-facing) for workflows and applications, and build and deliver compelling, market focused presentations.
- Exceptional communications skills – with a proven ability to influence at all levels across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-functional team, strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelors or Masters in genetics, molecular genetics, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or related field.
- Advanced degree, PhD or MBA a plus.