Product Manager - Orchestrated Energy
Tendril is a leading provider of energy-focused consumer engagement, energy management, and data analytics solutions to the utility industry. We are looking for a Product Manager for Tendril’s Orchestrated Energy SaaS product line.
Orchestrated Energy is changing the way utilities approach delivering energy to their customers - especially during the hottest days of the year - when their cost to serve energy can skyrocket. We have the best performing software in this space, and are ready to scale orders of magnitude in the next year.
With Orchestrated Energy, Tendril controls Wi-Fi-enabled devices, like smart thermostats, through our cloud-based analytics platform and dispatches HVAC at the optimal time to reduce load. By utilizing the home’s thermal mass like a battery, it helps utilities solve numerous problems around demand reduction and energy efficiency, while also keeping customers comfortable in their homes. Smart thermostats are just the beginning though, with the proliferation of IoT connected devices, Orchestrated Energy is uniquely positioned to co-optimize hugely valuable loads across a host of devices.
Tendril is a product-led company, so our Product Managers are empowered to drive a product vision based on business objectives, market expertise, and insights into energy consumer needs. We are looking for entrepreneurial Product Managers who will lead product development from exploration to delivery – collaborating with highly skilled data scientists, engineers, designers, and others along the way.
The person who accepts this challenge will be a member of the Product Management team and will report to the Manager of Product - Demand Management Solutions. He or she will have an immediate impact on Tendril’s development efforts, market position, and revenue.
As Product Manager, you will:
- Manage direction of all phases of a product from definition through development and release.
- Formulate and execute long-term planning for their product(s).
- Create / refine product positioning and definition.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure cohesive solutions are built across Tendril’s platform.
- Maintain responsibility for collecting, filtering and disseminating requirements through the various touch points for specific product(s).
- Monitor the development lifecycles of specific product(s) as well as maintaining product positioning and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Solutions Marketers on market research; monitor competitive activity, identify customer needs and use this information to drive product roadmap and support development activities.
- Leverage Design Thinking to coordinate cross-functional product development and deployment consistent with Tendril’s SaaS offerings.
- Conduct and communicate product competitive analysis in a way that ensures the broader organization is educated not only on Tendril’s offerings, but those of our competitors.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the marketing team, launch collateral materials like data sheets, press releases, overview brochures, and technical briefs.
- Interface with leaders within the organization to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives.
- Act as primary leader and decision maker on operational matters as it relates to the product’s direction and ensures product goals and objectives (both internal and external) are met or exceeded.
- Lead cross-functional team activities to ensure product goals and deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Be a technical advisor for Tendril’s customers through pre and post sales activities. This includes, but is not limited to, working directly with customers to solicit input on current and future product offerings as well as conducting more structured product analysis.
- Participate in product launch events and relevant trade shows and, when appropriate, serves as product spokesperson.
- Support sales team in understanding and defining customer solutions on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Lead an engaging end-to-end product demonstration and talk to the strengths and competitive differentiators of the product line.
What you bring to Tendril:
- 3 years experience shipping great products for a leading consumer, SaaS, or enterprise software company
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean development
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to be decisive and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Engaging and personable
- Entrepreneurial, business-focused mindset
- Understanding of the utility industry is a bonus, but not a requirement
- Graduate degree (MBA, MS) desirable but not required
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril's high energy, challenging, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well-fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and company parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.