Product Manager, Operations & Infrastructure
Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a consumer-centric lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix - for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our Recent raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Product Manager, Operations & Infrastructure to partner with our tech team to build and continually optimize our internal technical products, including order management system, 3PL integrations, demand planning and financial forecasting tools, ERP systems, and more. You will be responsible for guiding your team to iterate and improve products that solve real operational needs and drive meaningful business growth and efficiencies. To do this, you’ll collaborate with stakeholders to define problems, facilitate ideation and exploration of viable solutions, drive clarity and consensus by owning documentation and requirements, understand timing and resources and navigate tradeoffs, while working with teams across the business to bring products to a successful launch and beyond.
- Build meaningful, empathetic and long lasting stakeholder relationships with an emphasis on supply chain, logistics, and finance
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine tradeoffs, allocate resources, and prioritize projects that meet business goals, meet user needs, and take technical constraints into account.
- Facilitate internal demos and training for internal tools
- Champion and drive operational metrics with products, such as order processing and shipment times, gross margins, forecast accuracy, and inventory levels.
- Define meaningful KPIs for the product and evaluate the effectiveness of your initiatives through product instrumentation, data analysis, and market research. Drive strategic roadmap investments to improve those KPIs over time.
- Partner with engineering to get realistic estimates, manage scope, reduce tech debt, and set a high bar for quality without reactivity.
- Guide cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and external and internal stakeholders toward successful delivery of features
- Plan and facilitate sprint ceremonies with the tech team
- Provide solid leadership in the process of creating innovative, transformative, and empathic digital experiences to deliver value to our customers and the business
- Collaborate with other tech team managers to define the technology team strategy and roadmap
- Proactively problem solve and generate new ideas for product improvements
- Serve as the primary interface between the project team and leadership, responsible for project updates, risk identification and mitigation
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- A pragmatic and adaptable approach to product management. You apply best practices, but are always on the lookout for new approaches to try; you know when to build a quick and dirty experiment and when to build at scale; and you know when to look at more data and when to just make a call.
- Understanding the necessity of saying “no, not yet” while tirelessly managing goals, roadmap and priorities to keep the team aligned and on strategy.
- Thorough understanding of direct to consumer e-commerce operations
- Baseline understanding of supply chain and finance with relevant business experience
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets (the tool of choice for Sunday Ops teams!)
- Hands on experience with Agile Scrum or Lean methodologies
- Experienced in using Jira, Confluence, and Trello to manage workflows
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Positive attitude with curiosity to discover and solve new problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
- Desire to work alongside engineers, designers and data scientists to create new features and processes
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Key characteristics: detail-oriented, assiduous, drive for results, positive, collaborative, curious, flexible, and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize and drive many projects simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Roll up the sleeves, positive, can-do spirit! You look forward to being part of a scrappy team and are willing to pitch in with whatever needs to get done
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado / COVID Remote