Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Join us!
About the role
As a Product Manager leading the mobile experience, you will be a key member of Angi’s Product team, responsible for leading the mobile product vision and roadmap across both iOS and Android, across the customer marketplace.
What you'll do
- Develop a product vision and mobile roadmap that is aligned with the long-term vision of the company, while delivering immediate impact on targeted business objectives
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to incorporate customer needs into product decisions
- Balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our pros, optimizing for a mix of customer delight and pro success, while balancing supply and demand
- Translate upcoming product roadmap backlog into requirements documents (specs) with ruthless prioritization among features
- Develop rough storyboards to clarify the end-to-end user experience and benefits (functional and emotional)
- Collaborate with design, data science, engineering, analytics and other product managers to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros
- Develop and execute against feature release plans, removing roadblocks to ensure forward progress
- Ensure product is QA’d to standard before release
- Coordinate with marketing, CX, ops, legal, BI and finance to ensure successful product rollout, communications and adoption
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Run weekly initiative meetings, communicating changes in feature requirements and release schedules openly to leadership team, and escalating critical decisions
- Measure and report on product adoption and impact, and use data to recommend feature enhancements
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
Skills and Experiences needed for Success:
- 2+ years of professional experience with 1+ year(s) of mobile product management experience at a consumer tech company
- BA/BS in an analytical field such as economics, math, computer science
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful, ‘new to the world’ products
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Technical experience: you must understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Familiarity with Excel, databases and SQL
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Denver, CO or New York, NY are preferred locations for this position, but we welcome applications for talented product managers located anywhere in the US.
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000-140,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world