Product Manager II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As the Product Manager II you will be guiding development teams utilizing Agile software development principles to create and deliver software applications that meet business, client, and company goals.
- Product Vision & Strategy Development - Develops and maintains a clear vision for the product or product family including technology, competitive, and internal strategic perspectives. Leverages quantitative and qualitative research to establish and communicate the product and product family vision as well as the overall design and delivery strategy.
- Achieves Business Results - Through leadership of a cross-functional team including, marketing, technology, and design associates, ensures products meet and/or exceed standards for business performance, client satisfaction, compliance and operational efficiency by closely monitoring, analyzing and interpreting the metrics to assess the performance of products against KPIs (such as sales, new accounts, lead and referral generation, etc.). Develops and implements strategies and tactics to meet the desired business objectives.
- Business Case, Product, and Capability Development - Maintains a strong economic value orientation for the product family roadmap in alignment with business, client experience, data, and technology strategies. Responsible for developing new and enhancing existing digital products and related capabilities for clients. Possesses a deep understanding of existing and emerging capabilities and develops recommendations, in partnership with technology and design to implement new capabilities across the portfolio of products and solutions. This also includes oversight, development and maintenance of product roadmaps within their product family.
- Resource Allocation - Is responsible for ensuring the firm's investment is maximized across the portfolio of products. Ensures budget is reallocated as needed to ensure the highest value initiatives are appropriately funded. Partners closely with technology and design to ensure business and technical teams are resourced with top talent to ensure high quality digital product development.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years Fintech operational product experience/knowledge. The Certified Scrum Product Owner professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience in a strategic planning role
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep experience with digital product management/ownership
- Deep knowledge of industry trends and user demands and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Proficient with technology/IT to be able to engage in discussion with tech team
- Robust experience in Agile methodology
- Confident in managing multiple product teams
- Executive-level communication skills
- Confident when given authority to make important business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead multiple teams to push the solution and progress
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
Added bonus if you have:
- Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
- Experience in the investment management/financial services industry
- MBA, or other specialized accreditation (CFP, CIMA, CPA)
- Established industry network
- A passion for innovation
- Experience leading teams and managing external vendors and agency relationships
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.