Product Manager II at Church Community Builder, a division of Pushpay
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
We recently announced the exciting news of Pushpay and Church Community Builder merging together to deliver a best-in-class fully integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app, and giving solutions for organizations in the faith sector. The combination of our two companies gives us complimentary world class solutions for our customers and aligns strongly with Pushpay’s core strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for customers.
About the Position:
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Product team focusing on our Church Management System (ChMS) product. The ChMS product team manages many features that are all designed to help churches know the people at their church, grow those people using engagement tools,and keep them involved by providing the church goers with tools that let them connect with the church. Some of those features include a people database, groups management, event management, process queues (or workflows for tracking people through a process), child check-in, forms, reporting, email communication, volunteer scheduling, and worship planning.
In this role, you are responsible for delivering the product roadmap and strategy defined by the Group Product Manager (GPM) or Principal Product Manager (PPM). This involves understanding customer challenges and goals, and executing the product delivery in alignment with the vision of the product set out by the Group Product Manager.
You are an expert of your product charter and are responsible for managing the product life cycle all the way from ideation and planning through to the development, delivery, and enhancement of your product charter with little support from the GPM/PPM. In addition, they are executing the delivery of their product with little support from the GPM/PPM or other senior product manager.
You are able to break down complex problems and define simple solutions to solve the customers problems with little supervision. In addition, you can clearly communicate the problem you are solving, and know the right data to use to understand the problem, the impact, and to evaluate possible solutions. You also consider product and system impacts beyond your own product charter and you are starting to develop mid-term strategic product thinking and more strongly incorporating technology, communication and user trends into your work.
You also support the GPMs and PPMs with guiding more junior members of the product management team and leading practice initiatives that support improving processes.
- Ensure that the business has a strong understanding of the customer experience, challenges and goals within the product, in order to identify opportunities and ideas that grow the business’s market share, and improve the overall customer experience.
- Conducts customer research through interviews, contextual enquiry, review of customer and prospect calls, surveys and works with the UX research team on conducting user testing sessions to solicit feedback on the product. Participate in customer discussions with Customer Success and work directly with the Sales team to support prospect conversations.
- Analyses data from the product, support desk and from the sales and customer databases and evaluates the data and customer research findings to identify product opportunities, customer problems, user experience issues, determine the rate of feature adoption and usage and overall success of their features. Responsible for using data to identify changes in user behaviors and make recommendations to the GPM/PPM on approaches to responding to those changes.
- Supporting product launches for their product charter with a well thought through value proposition and adoption strategy. Often you will support other product charters during launch. This is achieved through partnering with the Product Marketing team and GTM team and is largely unaided by the GPM/PPM.
- Work closely with other members of the Product team to ensure their work is aligned. In addition, they work with the Engineering, Data Science, Design, Product Marketing and customer facing teams throughout the product development process. In some cases, they are working to improve collaboration processes and often initiating and leading retrospectives, design, implementation and socialization of improvements.
- Effectively communicates customer research, prioritization decisions, and provides product information to individuals or to groups.
- Understand and live the core values of the company - People come first, Generosity, Innovation, Simplicity and Excellence; and contribute to the highly collaborative and positive work environment.
- You are expected to be involved with customers, users, Software Engineers, Design and QA Personnel and other parts of the business to create requirements and proposed solutions and provide input into these processes (which may include, but are not limited to, ideation, algorithms, processes and feature design) which may produce intellectual property that belongs to Pushpay.
- You will be expected to be conducting research, analyzing product and user trends, deriving insights and creating product requirements (which may include, but are not limited to, processes, designs, and automation in the form of code, documentation or scripts) that is then incorporated into Pushpay products, or the process of building products. This work may produce intellectual property that belongs to Pushpay.
- A minimum working experience of 3-5 years in product management (preferably in a software development, SaaS or App product). Other relevant work experience will be considered
- Knowledge and/or experience in the faith vertical is a plus but not required
- Exceptional analytical and technical skills; analyze, report, and identify opportunities through strong data-driven insights to make successful business decisions
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to cast vision, direction, and plans for your teams
- Understand product thinking and why ideas will succeed or fail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence