Product Manager II, Advertising at Sovrn
About the Team
We are an extremely hard working team that understands the importance of creating products that solve customer problems. The Advertising team delivers products that help our customers monetize their advertising real estate. Collaborative and passionate about our work, we are focused on continuous improvement and pushing the limit of what our ad exchange can do.
About the Job
As a Product Manager II, you’ll spearhead the delivery of best-in-class solutions for our Advertising business. You’ll work with the team to develop inspiring product visions, and turn those visions into strategic actions that align with company goals. You’ll focus on creating advertising products that solve customer problems — then you’ll work with teams across Sovrn to research, build, and execute products that influence the entire publishing and media industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the design and execution of new advertising products and technical solutions that solve important customer problems
- Supporting the team on executing technical changes required to promote efficiency of the service
- Partnering with senior leadership to craft vision and strategy
- Leading product discovery alongside design and engineering teams to create and test prototypes
- Using your knowledge to minimize the risk of investment in new opportunities
- Interviewing customers and key stakeholders about product initiatives, then understanding, prioritizing, and managing those initiatives
- Participate in agile ceremonies to ensure the engineering team delivers products that meet or exceed expectations
- Execute through experimentation, and know how to understand success through metrics
- Researching market conditions and industry leadership to ensure that product strategy both predicts and takes advantage of emerging trends
- Collaborating with marketing teams to position and message new products for go-to-market efforts
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to take out the trash.
The successful candidate will have:
- Product management experience working on technical products
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field or relevant professional working experience
- Skill at taking nebulous business ideas and translating them into detailed product plans
- The ability to persuade diverse stakeholders, and the confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
- A passion for helping content creators do more of what they love (creating) and less of what they don’t (operating their businesses)
- A background in the ad technology industry
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Productboard
- Familiarity with OpenRTB
This position reports to: Director, Product Management
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $90,000 to $125,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.