Title of Role: Growth Product Manager
Location: Boulder, CO
Compensation Range: $150,000 - $170,000 AnnuallyCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Growth Product Manager to partner with our tech team to continually optimize our digital customer experience and internal marketing products. You will be responsible for guiding your team to deliver products to increase conversion and drive meaningful business growth. To do this, you’ll do everything from collaborating with stakeholders to define problems, facilitating ideation and exploration of viable solutions, driving clarity and consensus by owning documentation and requirements, understanding timing and resources and navigating tradeoffs, to working with teams across the business to bring products to a successful launch and beyond.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
- Partner with the Growth marketing team to drive new subscribers to Sunday via growth product initiatives focused on Funnel Conversion and Funnel AOV
- Own the roadmap and delivery of digital tools and platforms required for new subscriber acquisition and lead generation
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine tradeoffs, allocate resources, and prioritize projects that meet business goals, address user needs, and take technical constraints into account.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Segment, and other tools to inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies). This includes optimization of our acquisition funnel, site experience and active subscriber experience.
- Assist with the orchestration of our martech stack implementation, including the development of a data taxonomy/schema, assessment of key partners, and activation of functionality for downstream teams. Partners may include, but are not limited to:
- Product Analytics: (i.e. Amplitude, Heap, Mixpanel)
- A/B Testing Tools: (i.e. Google Optimize, Optimizely, Convertro, etc.)
- CDP: (i.e. Segment, mParticle)
- Marketing Aggregator (i.e. Improvado, Tealium, Funnel.io)
- Define meaningful KPIs for products and evaluate the effectiveness of your initiatives through product instrumentation, data analysis, and customer research. Drive strategic roadmap investments to improve those KPIs over time.
- Lead productization of tools for eComm/funnel testing, product merchandising, etc.
- Partner with the tech team to ensure new features and products meet project requirements -- from writing, grooming, and prioritizing stories to addressing roadblocks and testing for quality/completeness
- Work with the tech team to encourage:
- Improving engineering/product processes and practices
- Driving accountability to high standards and growth
- Celebrating each other's successes
- Keeping focused on achieving the project goal
- Fostering a supportive team environment, ensuring diverse voices are heard
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- A pragmatic and adaptable approach to product management. You apply best practices, but are always on the lookout for new approaches to try; you know when to build a quick and dirty experiment and when to build at scale; and you know when to look at more data and when to just make a call.
- Understanding the necessity of saying “no, not yet” while tirelessly managing goals, roadmap and priorities to keep the team aligned and on strategy.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- Experienced in using Jira, Confluence, and Trello to manage workflows
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Positive attitude with curiosity to discover and solve new problems
- Passionate about understanding customer experience and working to improve it
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
- Desire to work alongside engineers, designers and data scientist to create new features and processes
- Key characteristics: detail-oriented, assiduous, drive for results, passionate, positive, collaborative, curious, flexible, and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize and drive many projects simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Roll up the sleeves, positive, can-do spirit! You look forward to being part of a scrappy team and are willing to pitch in with whatever needs to get done
- Strong knowledge of customer experience and marketing tools
- Direct to Consumer e-commerce marketing experience is a plus.
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible remote/in-office work
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- Access to 401(k) program (direct deposit)
- Location: Boulder, CO Named best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years.
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why!. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.