Product Manager (Digital) at Convercent
As Product Manager, you are charged with managing the product evolution for our newest product – the Ethics & Compliance Portal. You will build out this product from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers, prospects and thought leaders. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their problems and translate these findings into innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate well across varying audiences – both within and outside of Convercent. You will work with engineering to define product release requirements. You will manage and select outside vendors that contribute to product development. You will work with the revenue organization to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine market needs by specifying and executing the research needed to obtain market insights
- Define the nature and scope of present and future product lines
- Appraise new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assess & understand market competition
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers, thought leaders and advisors
- Provide well defined and prioritized feature and story requirements to feed the engineering pipeline
- Manage creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and feature prioritization
- Work closely with engineering teams to refine and accept stories in sprints
- Select and manage outside vendors that fit into the product development lifecycle
- Work with Marketing & Sales to ensure alignment on product direction, and collaborate on developing market facing communication materials
- Create and maintain user personas
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure customer feature requests are considered, expectations clearly communicated, and commitments are met
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- 5+ years of product management experience of a SaaS product
- 3+ years of experience working with web content management systems
- 3+ years of experience utilizing a marketing automation software system
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Experience in selecting and scaling vendor partnerships
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, SaaS and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.