Product Manager, Design Systems at CircleCI
CircleCI is hiring a Product Manager to help our teams deliver a great and cohesive frontend experience for our customers! In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team to help scale up our design system and our front-end architecture.
The team is responsible for driving reusability and consistency across the entire CircleCI platform as well as building a governance process that allows other teams to contribute to both our design system and architecture. As the Product Manager, you have ownership over this product domain and are accountable for its success. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, execution, and outcome for the team.
You will work with full-stack, autonomous teams including engineers and designers to define the product vision, make decisions based on data and user research, and help our teams build foundational systems that help CircleCI deliver products quickly and continuously.
We run a durable teams model where teams focus and own a particular product domain vs. a project-driven approach. Our Product Managers are responsible for their domain, their metrics and are for delivering successful outcomes to move those metrics.
This role is an excellent opportunity for Product Managers who want to have a meaningful impact on helping us ship products that help thousands of developers deliver at scale!What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the team's vision and mission, product strategy, and critical metrics.
- Evangelize the design system and best practices across the company.
- Take ownership of what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Talk to internal teams to gain diverse input to ensure you are solving the most important front-end problems.
- Break down complexity and ambiguity into manageable pieces that can be delivered and iterated on.
- Define MVPs, prioritize features, build agreements, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and product managers to ship quality experiences.
- Establish what success means for your teams and foster accountability for building the right thing.
- 1-3 years of product management experience, preferably experience working with design systems.
- Passionate about design, user experience, and the developer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and explain the rationale behind those decisions.
- Entrepreneurial approach and an ability to deal with ambiguity and continuously evolving environments.
- Excellent analytical abilities and experience with user research and building business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities.
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested and released to customers.
- Desire to work with technical products and technical users.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $126,000 - $148,500/yr, plus applicable bonuses
Level: Mid-Senior Level