Product Manager, Data Cataloging at Alteryx, Inc.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to own our data discovery and cataloging solution. This role involves defining strategy and roadmap, interfacing with Sales and internal stakeholders to evangelize the solution, working with engineering to plan release schedules and features, having a deep understanding of data/metadata/BI/analytics and working with cross-functional teams to spec, document and market new features.
The Product Manager will have a strong understanding of data, databases, metadata and analytics, will help drive the product road map by advocating for users' needs, and set KPIs for measuring the usage and adoption of the product.
- Work to coordinate all product related streams across internal organizations and stakeholders to ensure successful releases of new features
- Establish tracking metrics for product usage and adoption, and distribute relevant information to internal team as well as external stakeholders
- Capture customer feedback, establish the potential value to adding new features to the product, and work with engineering to set time-lines for deliverables
- Work closely with Engineering team leads in determining the technical feasibility and time-lines for releasing new products
- Own the successful delivery of new releases of the product, both upgrades of existing software as well as the onboarding of new customers
- Present at executive meetings, Sales kickoffs, user conferences
- Will gather competitive intelligence, perform market audits, and define and align strategy and roadmap
- 3+ years proven software/application Product Management particularly in the data space
- Bachelor Degree in technical field (science, computer science, data & databases, etc.)
- Technical background; strong experience with BI, metadata and analytics
- Strong project management, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Effective documentation skills with ability to absorb and articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
- Experience working in Enterprise B2B SaaS businesses a plus
- Experience with Alteryx or data cataloging products a plus