Product Manager, Cyber Security
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
A successful Product Manager will be responsible for providing sales enablement, deal-level analysis, direct commercial sales support, and assisting with development of product positioning. This role also requires the creation and improvement of internal processes and sales tools.
Through direct customer interaction and a pre-existing understanding of the marketplace, the Product Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the cloud and security business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position, and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis.
- Assisting with product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, and competitive analysis.
- Continual opportunity funnel analysis and proactive engagement with sales to provide direct commercial sales support, as needed.
- Responsibility for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure a strong relationship and to validate that existing products meet the needs of the market.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial product management experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial
- Prior product, sales, or sales engineering experience with cyber security.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations, and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.