Curriculum Product Manager (PdM)
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 400,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of the Position
Scaled Agile is looking for a talented Product Manager-Curriculum to join our newly formed team. Our product team is empowered to identify how the in-market curriculum evolves and plan to get there using data, field research, SAFe implementation experience, and empathy. We guide exceptional multi-disciplinary teams toward our collective vision while empowering them to deliver quality products. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to lead key aspects of our courseware evolution, and grow alongside the company while we change the future of work while using SAFe to guide our work.
As a Scaled Agile Product Manager-Curriculum, you will be responsible to set the product strategy for the company’s in-market curriculum and learning products. Product Managers will use evidence based decision making and market insights to communicate this strategy to the relevant teams and stakeholders. This includes identifying which courses will be maintained, retired or evolved. You will develop product requirements written as epics or features; influence pricing, and provide time-integrated plans for product introduction.
This role requires a high degree of collaboration and and alignment across the enterprise. You will work closely with expert curriculum developers in Learning & Certification to evolve courses for SAFe’s role-based curriculum. This role will align closely with Scaled Agile’s core teams including the Framework team, Enterprise Solutions, Partner Development, Advisory Services, Marketing, Finance, Community Success, and external talent to advance a market relevant course strategy.
What you’ll be doing
Data Driven Course Evolution Strategy - Course and Curriculum Evolution and Roadmap - Curriculum and Course Feedback - Be the Change
Data Driven Course Evolution Strategy
- Working with customers and trainers to bring evidence-based decision making to determine in-market course product strategy, and recommend the evolution of courses to ensure our investments lead to the highest value for our customers
- Partner with L&C to build a solid learning architecture that delivers measurable performance-based outcomes
- Understand each customer segment for each course and work with customers and trainers to gather data and insights to guide future curriculum development
- Take a validated learning approach to run experiments that test new course ideas and changes.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's courses in relation to competitors' products
- Monitor course revenue and take up and work with Product Marketing to ensure curriculum revenue targets are achieved
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences and classes; reviewing publications; and establishing community networks.
- Go to gemba with customer and partner roadshows, to gather market response to our courses. Share the insights with the Framework and Learning and Certification teams.
Course and Curriculum Evolution and Roadmap
- Be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate to define the evolution vision and roadmap for the overall curriculum and a defined curriculum area.
- Lead the scoping and creation of epics and features for courses and learning products.
- Align with L&C, Marketing, Enterprise, Partner and Framework teams, on strategic direction.
- Clearly articulate the curriculum strategy at all levels.
- Own product pricing and forecast.
- Be transparent about your prioritization and roadmap process.
Curriculum and Course Feedback
- Evolve established Scaled Agile courses for a particular curriculum area and certifications on a cadence.
- Be fluent in the needs of the various customer segments: Portfolio and Product leaders, Technical roles, Lean Agile roles, and executive Leadership.
- Build and foster Customer feedback loops, addressing the needs of each customer segment.
- Prepare courses for go-to-market, collaborating with Learning & Certification and product marketing, building marketing assets to evolve courseware uptake.
- Participate in and/or teach Alpha, Beta, First Teach and GA classes.
- Engage closely with the Scaled Agile Framework team to help validate new roles and learning outcomes.
- Support scripting of course micro-learnings including videos, podcasts, and other modalities to support the learning experience.
Be the Change
- Model the behaviors, courage, and professionalism that we want our customer Product Managers to emulate.
- Be a team player!
- Apply SAFe in managing and evolving the curriculum.
- SAFe SPCT or SPC with three or more years of SAFe implementation experience
- Hands-on experience with multiple SAFe successful implementations
- Product management or Product Marketing strategy experience
- Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Financial Planning and Strategy.
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and are the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a great office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).