Product Manager, Continuous Safety at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Continuous Safety team is responsible for products that help our customers manage trust and safety needs post-hire and evolving the candidate domain. The Product Manager (PM) will drive the unification and evolution of the candidate identity and optimize the candidate experience in line with Checkr’s Fair Chance mission. The PM will be responsible for: managing the entire life cycle of products from product design, solution design, to build, and implementation as well as managing product performance and KPI’s. Other responsibilities will include engaging regularly with internal stakeholders such as revenue teams and their customers, HRIS integration partners and Checkr candidates as well as identifying monetization opportunities for the product. This PM should have demonstrable experience managing expectations across all levels of leadership, define a product roadmap and drive long term initiatives to define and improve customer and candidate satisfaction. In this role, you will report to the Group Product Manager.
- Build deep understanding and empathy for external and internal users of Checkr, while driving large and small product advancements that expand the candidate model to enable broader reach of our post-hire products and delight our users
- Partner with engineering, design and data science teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Collaborate with legal, customer success, ops, marketing, customers and technology partners to deeply understand, document, analyze and synthesize end user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for Checkr’s candidate identity and experience within the Continuous Safety Program
What you bring:
- Minimum of a BS/BA is required, MBA or MS preferred
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager with experience in SaaS and/or consumer facing products
- Experience taking product(s) 0 to 1, and/or 1 to n
- Successful track record working with a wide range of functions ranging from business experts to developers
- Experience with usage and design of Restful APIs
- History of leading and executing in fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, with demonstrable abilities in interaction design, rapid prototyping and user research
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Deep understanding of and empathy for end users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An owner’s mindset and ability to drive action
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $98,000 - $115,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.