Product Manager of CDx/Pharma Services (ADX-99-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhances genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As the Product Manager of CDx/Pharma Services you will have the exciting opportunity to strategically manage a biopharma services portfolio and related products. This position will report to the VP of Product Management & Marketing and will be primarily responsible for defining, developing and driving the product strategy for ArcherDx’s pharma services. This would include gaining alignment on biomarker, CTA (Clinical Trial Assay) and IVD strategy with cross-functional and regional stakeholders. In this role, you will support business opportunities and drive internal planning for sponsored clinical research supporting CDx product registrations.
The unique duties of this position will allow you to interact at all levels within the company. Working closely with Marketing, Pharma Business Development Leads, R&D, Medical Affairs, Archer Clinical Services & Production, you will enhance promotional marketing materials and launch new services by effectively translating your understanding of customer needs. You will also continually pursue new ways to maximize revenue through strategic portfolio positioning and insightful competitor understanding. Furthermore, you will be expected to develop and defend formal business cases to Sr Leadership, maintaining an expertise in the clinical areas of focus and general understanding of current diagnostic market future potential and trends. As a natural team player, you are motivated to partner with your Business Development colleagues concerning product strategies and aiding them in understanding key features and positioning, competitive comparison and product benefits, which will drive ArcherDx’s continued success.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Develop and manage product strategy and product roadmaps for pharma services.
- Ability to create and validate business cases for new market opportunities and proposals. This includes creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, and market analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to track competitive positioning/differentiation of the service products in the marketplace globally.
- Build strong relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Finance and other key functions and teams.
- Understanding of global market drivers, trends and regulatory implications.
- Develop all pharma client-facing and internal training presentations on IVD/CDx/clinical trial services capabilities.
- Drive innovation by identifying short and long-term product and business opportunities while contributing to product and marketing strategies (e.g. shifts in technology, market trends)
- Collaborate with IVD Product Leads and market access teams to assess market opportunity, revenue, and market share estimates for key products targeted for registration path.
- Stay informed about developments and innovations in the medical diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans and products.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to better understand client needs, coordinate feedback with commercial teams and clients around IVD lifecycle and identify process improvements along the value chain.
- Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department.
- Travel up to 15%
- 5+ years of experience in product management or related function in healthcare or biotech
- Experience in healthcare-related industries including medical devices, molecular diagnostics, genetics or contract research
- Previous experience working with pharma companies preferred
- Drive and determination.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic.
- Fosters mutual trust, respect and is an excellent team player.
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive.
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the Company.
- Proven problem-solving skills, and comfort in working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving business needs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Strategic thinker that understands drug development, device development, design control and commercial strategy.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced degree(s) in life sciences (ie MS/PhD/PharmD) required; MBA preferred but not required.
- Deep understanding of the development, clinical and regulatory requirements for bringing in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) or companion diagnostics (CDx) to market.
- Experience in marketing to pharma and developing compelling stories through data.
- Track record of leveraging best practices in product management, competitive intelligence and strategic life cycle management frameworks.
- Experience with or strong understanding of next-generation sequencing and precision oncology.
Read Full Job Description