Product Manager, Beta & Sustaining Management
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to help drive the tactical execution efforts around the Alteryx Beta program and sustaining development of the Alteryx Designer product. This role, as part of the Product Management organization, is a cross functional management role across products, engineering, support, and marketing, and plays an integral role in delivering quality software to our end users. You will support the broader product management organization through maintaining the Alteryx Beta program and ensuring a regular cadence of new features are being delivered and tested within the Alteryx community. This position will also manage the ongoing backlog of product maintenance features and updates with the sustaining development team.
The Product Manager, Beta & Sustaining Management will have a strong understanding of the development release lifecycle and strong writing and project management skills to ensure the success of the beta and release process of new and sustaining features.
- Demonstrated success in distilling complicated concepts into complete yet concise communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for identifying sources of field product feedback and organizing that feedback in a way that is easily consumed and acted upon by internal stakeholders including Product Management, Development, Marketing and others as appropriate.
- Facilitating Round trip feedback cycle which consists of capturing feedback, sharing and prioritizing with internal stakeholders, tracking through development lifecycle and upon completion or material status change providing updates to external stakeholders.
- Work with one or more development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept through life cycle of products; participate in team ceremonies including stand-ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand product goals and help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals and communicate their business value.
- Work with development team leaders to drive the planning process; facilitate the kick off process to break initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements; ensure development efforts meet business requirements and timelines; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Development Team.
- Responsible for feature and user story acceptance, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
- Manage successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; keep management and others informed.
- Help to identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams.
- Primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e. development, QA, UX, technical writing and all supporting teams) regarding the value of initiatives and relationship to product vision.
- Driving project definition, planning and coordination of all Alpha, Beta and Release programs, as well as the customer feedback and success measurement
- Working with cross functional teams like Product Management, Engineering, Support and Marketing to oversee the release and customer feedback and escalation process
- Playmaker - Must always be one step ahead and juggle multiple competing initiatives to drive value
- 3+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry
- Demonstrated success defining and launching exciting software products.
- Domain expertise in data visualization (i.e. smart data profiling, interactive charting, dashboarding, reporting) is a big plus.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
- Project management skills; ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information and influence cross-functional teams.