Product Management Lead
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled and innovative thinkers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. By building the products of Worldpay's future, we're building the products of payments processing's future.
The Product Management Lead oversees new products through their entire lifecycle at Worldpay, from concept to creation and beyond. He/she will be an expert on a specific product or group of products allowing him/her to act as our resident central resource. Whether it comes down to designing, manufacturing, testing, quality control or marketing, he/she will be a touchpoint for stakeholders to understand needs, timelines, budgets and more. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Directs a comprehensive transaction processing platform product strategy - from product conception and definition through end of life. Platform is responsible for $800+ million in transaction revenue (12.5 million transactions per day). This person will be focused on both existing platforms and new initiatives to develop modernized API's.
- Functions as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
- Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products.
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
- Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans; and delegates assignments to Product Managers.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Directly manages up to five direct reports (Product Managers)
- Experience leading product strategy and direct reports within a product organization
- Payment industry experience (transaction processing platform strategy is a plus)
- Experience working closely with technical teams in an agile environment
- Extensive Product/Project management experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.