Product Line Manager at PopSockets LLC
Product Line Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 165 millionth sold in 2019. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Or check out our awesome careers video here! Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Role: The Product Line Manager will help manage products in the New Product category and is responsible for developing and implementing product strategies that meet financial and marketing objectives set by PopSockets
- Manage products across the PopSockets product portfolio.
- Become an expert in the PopSockets market place and industry by analyzing sales reports, developing competitive landscape studies and identifying business/technology/fashion trends to generate growth strategies.
- Articulate value of new products through compelling presentations to explain product strategy, design details, and market needs.
- Interface with cross functional teams on a daily basis including Sales, Finance, Operations, Marketing, key accounts, and upper management on all topics necessary to bring new products to market.
- Manage the product roadmap for the company with input and signoff by necessary department heads and also communicate these plans company wide.
- Brief new products for each season and manage the product development from concept to launch; ensuring the right price, margin, features, and benefits.
- Prepare and lead product development phase reviews along with the engineering project manager to move products through the development pipeline.
- Help develop the creation of surveys, industry data, competitor analysis, and trend observation to guide product feature specifics as well as long-term portfolio vision.
- Work closely with Marketing to coordinate release timing, pricing, product images, samples, and messaging strategy.
- Work with global Sales teams to identify ideal channel strategies and rollouts for product lines.
- Able and strong desire to work in a fast paced environment with shorter product development timelines.
- 5 to 7 years experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, Product Line Director, Product Marketing Manager, or Merchandiser. Mobile device/accessory, and/or consumer product management experience ideal.
- Experience in product business development, brand development (especially as it relates to translating brand strategy into product requirements), and marketing to a youth audience a plus.
- Demonstrated success defining, managing, and launching world-class consumer products
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and curatorial skill
- Acute cultural and trend awareness in the context of consumer product industries
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to create professional, compelling product-related presentations
- Articulate writer and public speaker with an enthusiasm for presenting ideas
- Ability to travel up to 10%
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.