Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
As a Product Manager at Outrider, you'll work closely with engineering leads and customer teams to establish, refine, and execute our product vision and go-to-market strategy. This role focuses specifically on the autonomous vehicle element of The Outrider System, a logistics automation product that transforms distribution yard environments into safe, efficient, autonomous operations.
You will own the roadmap for everything related to the automated yard truck and collaborate closely with the engineering team in this area to determine requirements and prioritize feature development. The scope covers multiple subsystems, including the base vehicle, sensor, CPU, and navigation hardware, as well as the control, planning, perception, and navigation software. You'll need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities to meet changing expectations inside and outside the company.
This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a safety-critical system for logistics automation. The opportunity offers a very talented product manager the chance to help develop a market-defining product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish, refine and execute the automated yard truck product strategy
- Collaborate with the automated yard truck subsystem leads and with Systems Engineering to establish feature and performance requirements
- Collaborate with customer operations teams, program management, and engineering to prioritize feature development while making trade-offs among capabilities, cost, and customer demand
- Communicate feature development plans, costs, and resource requirements to product, marketing, and commercial leadership
- Use internal, supplier, and customer input to set and hit product ship dates consistently
- Set clear guidance with key customers, vendors, and partners that allows them to plan for, budget, and integrate with The Outrider System
- Understand the competitive landscape and help drive pricing strategy
- Contribute to the development of sophisticated product management processes, templates, and workflows to support a growing, high-performing, and highly visible Product Management team
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to business case presentations to Fortune 500 executives
- Commit to travel and customer visits, depending on customer locations (up to 25%)
- Exceptional background in full-lifecycle product leadership
- Referenceable track record consistently designing, developing and shipping product on time that drives positive, measurable, real-world outcomes for end users
- BS or MS degree in engineering (or equivalent professional exposure)
- 4 years of product management experience with integrated HW/SW systems
- Demonstrated ability to turn ambiguous problems into concrete, feature-based solutions very quickly
- Ability to gather and analyze customer information to create a world-class product vision while considering technical hurdles and business objectives.
- Strategic thinking to turn long-term goals into near-term plans
- Product leadership experience with automotive systems, mobile robotics, or industrial automation
- Successful history of shipping SaaS and/or cloud-hosted software/services
- Product management background with B2B/enterprise application software, preferably management, analytics, or business intelligence tools
Read Full Job Description