Product Insights Manager at SumUp
Manager, Product Insights (Boulder, Colorado)
At SumUp, small business owners are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Your impact at SumUp
As the first Product Insights Manager in our Boulder office, you’ll play a key role in helping shape the product strategy and execution for our growing suite of payments products. We’re looking for a go-getter who can soak up the details, push boundaries and break new ground in order to provide an unmatched experience for small business owners.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires a unique skill set. The ideal candidate excels at conducting customer research and insights, at developing holistic product strategies and at collaborating globally with engineers, designers, marketers, branding experts and other teams. The role requires someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can weave the fine line between rigor and scrappiness while driving results and building an unmatched experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Conduct primary research with existing and future merchants to understand product use cases, gaps and opportunities
- Collaborate with global and US SumUp teams to shape product roadmaps and strategies that drive innovation and customer stickiness
- Understand the competitive landscape within the US and abroad
- Use insights to directly influence product strategy to better serve current and new customer segments
- Work hand-in-hand with the Marketing team to craft the right messages and create the ideal customer experience
- Lead the end-to-end success of projects from A-Z as the main point person for all things product within the US
- Build a team of incredible, talented and passionate product lovers and insights experts
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- Have at least 4+ years of relevant work experience in a high-performing and fast growing company
- Have experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques, including online surveys, user/usability testing, focus groups, IDIs, etc.
- Are an excellent storyteller with a successful track record of identifying product-focused insights that lead to increased conversion and engagement
- Are highly motivated, resilient and entrepreneurial with phenomenal organization skills and attention to detail
- Have the right mix of structure and organization alongside a scrappy “get it done” attitude
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills; you can successfully engage with peers across various levels and functions
- Have passion for our mission of economic empowerment and helping small business owners succeed
- Don’t have an ego and love to problem solve
- Have the ability to find unique insights and make data-driven decisions
- Possess excellent communication and project management skills
Any of the following are considered a plus
- 3+ years of consumer-facing product experience
- Experience in the payments space or fintech more broadly
- Love payments and could list 50 fintech companies doing awesome things off the top of your head
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $100,000 to $120,000. Compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.