Product Director at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:01 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
Pie’s Product Management team has a strong bias-to-action. We focus on solving user problems and are deeply committed to meeting business goals, we develop clear product concepts with well-defined objectives, hypotheses, and benefits. As a Director of Product, reporting to our Chief Product Officer, you will be instrumental in helping us make those trade-off decisions as they relate to our insurance systems, leveraging your ability to generate creative solutions to thorny problems. You will be looked upon as a thought leader across our product portfolio and depended upon by our key stakeholders.
To make sure what we’re building is easy to use, can be brought to market quickly, and actually meets a need, we are passionate about collaboration across Pie. As with most startups, Pie will need to make tough calls about where to invest our time and resources: you will be instrumental in helping us make those trade-off decisions as they relate to our application portfolio and all their constituent stakeholders.
You will have a deep understanding of what collaboration with engineering looks like in a progressive tech company product world. You will be experienced in leading teams of senior people, and have a track record of enabling company success through your managerial and business acumen. A strong plus is an understanding of engineering principles and having participated in building things previously.
How You’ll Do It
- Build out innovative and easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, and empower our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible.
- Work alongside Engineering, Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, and Underwriting to build the right products effectively.
- Intuitively and analytically prioritize feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Ensure that innovation and disruption are primary characteristics of our dna.
- Own the execution and excellence of your products. Be scrappy. Solve problems elegantly and with distinction.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- This is an experienced hire role. Minimum of 5 years doing hands-on product management, with prior experience in significant technology or insurance endeavors required. In addition, we expect you have to have at least 5 years of significant senior leadership experience in product management for technology products and teams.
- Display significant intellectual agility and ability to flex into disparate domains quickly and provide immediate substantial value.
- Be able to identify and mentor and lead the right Product Management talent to ensure large scale business goals are achieved.
- Understand the technological fundamentals of the portfolio and how they impact the success of each product. Leverage this understanding to engender substantially increased success.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different stakeholders, adjusting your style and approach to maximize your effectiveness and efficiency.
- You have excelled working in, or partnering with, the engineering space and have successfully used those skills to execute on the growth and outcomes of several significant substantial projects.
- Possess and/or grow an expert level of knowledge of the workers compensation insurance domain.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
- You do not by default accept the answer: “this is the way we’ve always done it.” You have a passion for disrupting the status quo and changing how insurance is done.
- You are an adept and persuasive story teller at a stakeholder and an executive level.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting Allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding