Product Director, Growth and Activation
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups – increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $40M Series C round with top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital and more. Now, we’re looking to add a Product Director focused on scaling our education experience to join our technology team.
This role is great for you if you get excited to find the right balance of empathy and technology as your support millions of students finding their professional and education paths while you grow and develop a team of high quality product and operations managers. You’ll focus on scaling our education experience and operations for students and their coaches who help students find, enroll in and be successful in education programs including high school completion, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, professional certificates and professional trades.
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Guild helps more and more students. We’re striving to reach all 64 million frontline workers in the users over the next few years and 10’s of thousands of students next year. You’ll be successful when our technology enables those students and their coaches.
- Your team feels empowered and successful. You are a leader as well as a do-er and success is largely determined on your ability to engage, empower, and improve their ability to drive success.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8+ years as a technology product leader, including a demonstrated history of building products that drive big impacts to business
- Experience managing product and/or operations managers
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience and excitement with building great consumer products, preferably with tech-enabled services or consumer products with significant operations teams
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!