Product Development & Quality Manager - Print - Fixed Term Contract at Fanatics
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
We are a passionate group of product developers, designers, artists, merchants and planners where art truly meets science. Fanatics Brands is proud to be the largest purveyor of long-term rights and partnerships for all major sports leagues and hundreds of colleges. We are first to market with premium apparel, headwear and hard goods along with official fan jerseys for the NHL, NBA and NFL. When the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series ends, we are the team running product to the players and delivering to fans around the globe. Our commitment to sports doesn’t stop there - we’ve made strategic alliances with Blizzard Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Lucas Film and Pixar to bring fans an unprecedented assortment. At its core, Fanatics Brands is all about speed and agility. We are built to always respond to the ever-changing sports world.
This position is responsible for managing local print programs from development through to production, working closely with both the graphic design and planning/production teams to execute against agreed milestones. They will ensure that all local print production adheres to agreed QC & compliance standards by managing the development & quality assurance processes. This responsibility includes the defining of requirements and expectations that a product should meet and implementing relevant standards and procedures.
- In collaboration with the design team & local printers, support the development of local print ranges from the creation of tech packs through to pre-production approvals.
- Partners with the graphic team to develop and engineer local prints in accordance to cost target and vendor capabilities.
- In collaboration with the graphic designers, build print tech packs for development through to production ready.
- Ensure the delivery and evaluation of print strike offs and communicate approval comments with the vendors. Coordinate information between vendor and internal team ensuring submits and approvals are executed on time.
- Work with printers on any testing requirements and fix any potential quality issues.
- Review and approve production art for color, placement, technique, and quality.
- Ensure all product lists are up to date with required print program data ahead of system upload.
- Ensure all local print production adheres to compliance requirements.
- Own the QC process for local print production ensuring all products adhere to the agreed quality and compliance standards including packaging, labelling and swing tickets.
- Work closely with the graphic and production team to resolve potential issues.
- Print development & production experience with technical knowledge of print engineering (or within a related field).
- Familiar with EU and regional industry QC standards, procedures, and compliance regulations.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft office excel, power point and database applications
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working in a risk-based collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a collaborative team environment
This a great opportunity to join our fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial business, and these are some of the benefits you can expect as an employee.
The chance to work with world leading sports clubs and brands
Working within a growing, fast-paced and forward-thinking business
40% staff discount
Birthday day off
Nationwide Theme Park discounts
Bike to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and inclusivity at Fanatics. Our commitment to inclusion across all races, gender, gender identities, age, sexual orientation, religion & spiritual beliefs, neurodiversity, disability and all identities of our people, current and future drives us forward each and every day. If you have any requirement(s) for reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact us. #OneFanaticsWinasaTeam
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Read Full Job Description