Product Designer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
About the Role
Checkr is seeking a Product Designer to work on features from conception to release—empathizing with the people who use your product. You will craft transformational user experiences by owning the end-to-end design deliverables on projects for a variety of our products. This position works closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and cross-functional partners to create engaging designs that reflect business requirements and support user needs.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
- Work in a collaborative product team to identify high-impact opportunities and design features that meet our customer’s most important goals
- Design work for the full product development process, from early research and concepts to final mocks and launch
- Conduct research to understand user needs and inform design solutions
- Knowing when to apply high-fidelity detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Balance short-term product design needs with vision into the future. Spend time exploring ideas on how we can improve the product over the long term
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish user and business goals
- A strong portfolio of relevant design work with products that have shipped
- You have a deep understanding of best practices and contemporary design patterns
- You are a passionate champion for the user but also know how to mesh business considerations into your design goals
- Experience with data-informed design, user research, and A/B testing
- You are confident leading regular discovery calls with customers
- You are able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
- Experience working with and creating pattern libraries, and passion about design systems and models such as atomic design
- You have working knowledge of git, front-end frameworks (ReactJS or similar), and are comfortable contributing changes without much assistance of Engineering
- Experience with complex service design to understand the end-to-end journey for both the customer and candidate experience
- Bringing additional skills such as illustration, branding, photography, motion design, data visualization, etc
- Experience developing personas to understand the ideal customer profile to target
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $85,000 - $100,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.