We have an amazing opportunity for a creative, talented, analytical, and impact-oriented Product Designer. If you’re looking to design the next iphone app for bored teenagers or the next SaaS product for agencies this role isn’t for you, but if you want to help build the renewable energy fintech company of the future, then by all means, please keep reading!
As a Product Designer at Wunder, you’ll be charged with helping to design the tools, infrastructure, and brand that powers our platform and enables Wunder to deploy hundreds of millions of dollars each year into solar projects across the U.S. You’ll be responsible for tackling some of the most complex and exciting challenges that fintech or energy has to offer (e.g., workforce efficiency tooling, stakeholder CX, distributed asset management and monitoring systems, etc). And in an industry dominated by ancient and dirty fossil fuel brands, you’ll be challenged to deliver snappy tooling wrapped in a fresh brand that resets the bar (Tesla: cars, Uber: taxis, Wunder: energy).
If you obsess about your users as much as your pixels, are passionate about solving complex problems on a daily basis, and want to fight climate change, then welcome, this is the role for you!
- Strong Foundation - You have 2+ years of experience working as a Product Designer, ideally in the technology industry where you’ve been shipping high quality software or web/mobile apps.
- A Swiss Army Knife - You’re skilled in Visual, UX, and UI design. Tool agnostic, you’re very comfortable in Adobe’s creative suite as well as Sketch (or Figma or Framer or ____ ), wireframing, and learning whatever else is required to get the job done.
- Code - You don’t need to write code (we have engineers for that), but you should at least have a cursory understanding of front-end development, informing you what can and can’t be done.
- Strong Product Intuition - You’re not just a pixel-pusher, you like to get into the weeds, conduct user research, prototype interactions, and test new workflows. You have an ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering the overarching product strategy.
- Process Driven - You love leading design projects across the entire product lifecycle, knowing when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes and when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- You’re a Pragmatic Minimalist - Sure, you’re an artist, but you also love taking business problems and finding simple elegant solutions.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You love to partner closely with engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Equity and unlimited PTO