Product Designer at JumpCloud
Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, July 27, 2019
Position: Product Designer
JumpCloud is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. We’re disrupting a two decade old monopoly with a new technology we’ve built called Directory-as-a-Service®. We give companies freedom of choice with their IT solutions (without sacrificing security). Our users are IT professionals and the users they support. As a SaaS-deployed solution, it’s critically important that our users are successful with our product immediately.
What this role is:
The primary focus for this role will be on design specification, prototyping, and keeping the flow from ideas through product. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to jump in on user research, data analysis, user testing, creating design concepts and patterns, and supporting other parts of the company when they have design needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating simple, intuitive flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Validating designs and design assumptions with target users
- Partnering with Product Management and Engineering to take features from conception to launch
- Making day-to-day design calls as new information comes up (think...we have a new engineering constraint, you got a great question from a developer, your product manager just brought you a new business insight)
- Solving complex user experience problems
- Building empathy for our customers and using research to inform design solutions
Providing and seeking feedback to help drive quality and effectiveness
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has great design chops. Someone who has the aesthetic and detail orientation to flesh out design concepts in detail, with consistency and beauty and a good sense of what design will work best for our user context.
- Is energized by highly technical business apps. Someone who can empathize with our unique IT users, understand our technology, and simplify complex functional operations into smooth and intuitive user experiences.
- Shepherds designs through implementation. We operate with agile teams, working with UI and full stack developers, Product Managers, and other UX Designers. We need someone who can represent and maintain the integrity of designs from conception through implementation in this environment.
More specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates the breadth of your work and aesthetic
- A passion for developing new approaches to complex design problems
- Experience applying user research findings into your designs
- Proficiency using tools, such as, Adobe Creative Cloud, XD, Sketch and Invision to present designs
- Strong visual and written communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- 1 + years experience working on complex web applications
- Bonus: A sense of humor!
This position is based in our Corporate Office in Downtown Boulder.
Read Full Job Description