Product Design Leadership
Do you love leading designers and solving complex, large scale product design challenges? Do you have a passion for team building, mentorship, and creativity? Can you define and build a cohesive, beautiful user experience that accounts for complex datasets, multiple user personas, and customer insights? If so, you may be a great fit the Product Design Lead position at Gusto.
We’re seeking our first Denver-based Product Design Leader to own and build Gusto's Partners Mission which includes building great products for accountants and partnership opportunities. The Design team is responsible for crafting delightful experiences that not only serve small businesses, but also have a profound impact on how they build and care for the people on their teams. The ideal candidate will have successfully led a design team in a previous role, shipped a complex product to a large user base, and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers. You’ll be building and leading a team of product designers with a high level of responsibility and room for growth.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, and execution for existing and new product lines
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Recruit, hire, and mentor a team of product designers across multiple projects and disciplines
- Organize and run cross-team collaboration events and workshops
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in software product design for a complex product, including 2+ years of experience hiring and managing a team of designers
- Owned product design end-to-end for multiple successful products at scale
- Extremely organized and consistently advocates for design methodologies and processes
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Proactive and proficient at mentoring designers and members from other teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Humble spirit
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- SaaS FinTech experience is nice to have
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.