Product Consultant - Accounting at Xero
Here at Xero we are all about people and creating beautiful experiences for our customers. We are a passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software.
How you'll make an impact
As Xero strives to constantly improve its customer experience, we're looking for a Product Consultant with an extensive accounting industry knowledge. You'll use this experience to help understand and articulate SMEs and their bookkeepers and accountants. You will be responsible for expert level understanding of Xero and app partner products, local customer and partner needs and competitive positioning and translating these into product priorities.
What you'll do
- Utilize your accounting knowledge and experience to understand Xero's position in the market and understand our customers' needs.
- You'll be the local owner of all things product and provide the connection between local customer needs and the global product design and engineering teams.
- You'll be accountable for:
- Customer needs: Conduct research and analysis across market, competitors, customers and Xero GTM teams to determine the most important new features to develop
- Competitor assessment: Development of local product competitive assessment, positioning and competitor activity
- Regulatory: Monitor regional industry and regulatory environment, conduct impact assessment and recommended actions
- Ecosystem partners: Be the product expert for our ecosystem and tech partners
- Customer 'tech stack' expert: Be the local expert on the set of technology applications required by customer segment
- You will also support
- Market research into customer needs (quant and qual) supporting customer segmentation and needs
- Local product support for any customer escalation
- New product Launches through implementation, testing and training
- Product marketing
Success looks like
- Clear articulation of business cases for new product and solutions
- Customer and partner satisfaction with product and solution offering
- Alignment of customer needs between local GTM and global product teams
- Incremental business growth
- Customer Focused - Serves as strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain symbiotic and long- lasting relationships with customers, anticipating needs and providing services that exceed expectations.
- Industry Expertise - Understands the mechanics, key metrics and market dynamics of the Accounting industry.
- Solution Orientation - Sees problems as opportunities. Understands, captures and enhances stakeholder vision.
- Balancing Stakeholders - Understand the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing and aligning stakeholder interests.
- Building Relationships - Ability to build networks of genuine trust and loyalty with colleagues, candidates, and within the community.
- Resilience & Adaptability - Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change.
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant or Bookkeeper
- CA/CPA certification required
- BS or higher degree in a quantitative field, preferably Accounting, Economics, Business or Finance
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- Familiarity with SaaS business models is preferred
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer