Product Business Analyst
Join the SALTiest team around in our heroic effort to reinvent finance for the blockchain era. In the heart of the Mile High City, you will work alongside a small team of talented and very passionate individuals to help construct a bleeding-edge, mission-critical, revolutionary technology that will be used by crypto holders all over the world.
The Product Business Analyst is a critical player in the SALT Product Team responsible for breaking work down–taking a large project and turn it into manageable tasks. They focus on efforts inside the company — at processes, practices, and internal systems — to determine how to best build and support what the Product Manager is requesting on behalf of customers and users. Additionally, they also identify opportunities to automate processes and functions.
RequirementsWhat you will do:
- Gather technical requirements for the team
- Along with Engineering, focus on the “how” of getting a solution from a functional user perspective
- Negotiate and track feature/story acceptance criteria
- Be prepared to find and answer,
- What internal business challenges will we face for this project?
- What technical restraints do we have and how can I document them for the team to digest?
- What risks are known and what action items could lead to solutions?
- Work with the Product Manager and the Scrum Master to define milestones and track progress to the project’s completion
- Help to define product backlog items, sprint planning, backlog refinement, work with QA to confirm ship-worthiness, and help coordinate live code pushes
- Foster communication
- Manage any risks and issues
- Motivate the team
- Mediate between team members
What you need to be successful:
- A deep understanding of agile software development best practices
- Talent for enabling productive communication between groups
- Passion for launching projects on-time
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Proven work experience as a project manager
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Asana and the GSuite
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various internal and external teams
- Good time-management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
Nice to have:
- PMP or Agile Scrum certification
BenefitsWhy working here rocks:
- Choose your own technology (PC, Mac, etc.)
- Office in the heart of Downtown Denver with quick access to I-25, I-70 and Light Rail
- Excellent views of the mountains and downtown skyline from the office
- Walking distance to top restaurants, Union Station, and major sports venues
- Excellent benefits package with paid medical, dental and vision--employee and immediate family
- Daily catered lunches, stocked kitchen with snacks and the occasional company-sponsored happy hour
- Company paid parking downtown or bus pass