Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As a Product Associate you will be tasked with leveraging technology to help connect Guild’s education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. You’ll work closely with partners on all sides of the marketplace (employers, students, and universities) as well as our internal operations teams to build technology which “makes the magic happen” for thousands of students every year. This will be a great opportunity to get into a rocket ship and see what product management really is. You can think of this like a mini rotational program to learn how high growth technologies work, teaching you the mindset and skills that enable success in this sort of environment. The role is product manager track without requiring an MBA/Master's degree, but we expect that there are a few years of learning first (since most PMs come in post MBA/engineering time).
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Learning what product management really is by observing and supporting across the team, partnering with many of the PMs in the various products.
- Supporting product management and design functional team excellence - managing team meetings, Product and Design review, and lots more.
- Partnering with Guild's technical support team to identify trends in operational support tickets, partnering with various product managers to prioritize and understand, then with design and engineering to fix the issue.
- Working across enterprise B2B, B2B2C and internal operations to bring a product vision alive.
- Partnering directly with a world-class partner management organization focused on building long term, valuable, scalable relationships with our employer and academic partners
- Helping build a massive education and financial system from its early beginnings. We are looking for someone to help us define and execute a vision for how these systems should impact Guild’s students and partners
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Students go to school as affordably, in the right program, and are successful.
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- 1-3 years in an analytical role (analyst, consultant, etc) with a demonstrated history of analytical problem solving and technical aptitude
- A deep learner's mindset and high personal resilience - you'll absorb and learn as fast as you can in our high speed environment.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!