Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
You will build features from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. This extends from increasing the profitability of the existing product to developing new capabilities for the company. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with a product owner and engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with the sales channel and key customers.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Insurance industry would be an asset
- Accounting competency would be an asset
- Specifying market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Perform and document the preliminary analysis of new enhancements/functionalities across all product lines
- Verify business and product requirements related to enhancement requests across all product lines
- Participate in client-facing/internal group/forum discussions on new release planning and the development of enhancements across all Keal product lines
- Participate in meetings of the product management team and work with solutions specialists
- Understanding of Accounting Principles - GAAP
- Participate in special projects
- Provide support to UAT brokers
- Keep product/release documentation up to date
- Present/demonstrate 'New Release' updates to internal staff members
- Participate in the development of 'Best Practices'
- Liaise with Keal Systems User (KSU) group
- Experience in Insurance or Broker management systems a definite asset
- College/Technical Degree or equivalent
- Bilingual would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job
- Thorough knowledge and competency of MS Office products
- Details Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to demonstrate products
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.