Product Analyst – Embedded Base Support
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Embedded Base Support Analyst role for zColo is part of a team of professionals that is focused on maintaining and growing zColo’s existing customer base. An effective Analyst will become an expert at navigating Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Management platform, in order to assist and partner with the sales organization to provide detailed examination of the account directly to the customer. A portion of the responsibilities include but are not limited to: assessing opportunities within the existing customer base to create opportunities for renewals, growth/development, provide product and account analysis, contract research, customer quotes, tracking sales opportunities and disconnects, renewing services, processing orders, detailed research analytics, data cleanup, process documentation, training and pricing. Ability to understand complex system dependencies and make decisions based on Product Management rules is essential. The position requires strong attention to detail, but does not require telecommunications experience. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction across various teams including sales, finance, service delivery and operations. An individual with a hunger to solve problems, and improve sales and operational performance will excel in this role.
- Provide highly focused attention to customer satisfaction through problem solving.
- Drive profitable revenue growth and relationship development efforts.
- Work with leadership and team members to drive the account team to achieve the overall account goals.
- Development of new and existing business.
- Mediate customer problems and manage all issues cross-departmentally.
- Manage account plans, quarterly reviews, and account planning workshops.
- Assist with and escalate customer and sales issues to resolution.
- Prepare and present sales proposition for the product.
- Proactive and regular interaction with sales teams to ensure accurate data is captured.
- Assist in executing a strategy for existing customer accounts.
- Perform regular analysis of zColo’s product portfolio in relation to renewals, disconnects, sales, and other operational metrics.
- Support large scale projects (Tranzact, Salesforce Development, Process Improvements).
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other degree requiring analytical aptitude or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years of product, financial, technology analyst, or sales experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work across functional boundaries.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.