Product Analyst - CloudLink
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The successful candidate will be intellectually agile. They will demonstrate the ability to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution and new product development. This role will support the Product Management effort for the Zayo CloudLink product lines and will be charged with growing the contribution of the product groups to the broader business. No arms-length “consultative” approach here. Product management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results. We are looking for ambitious, independent Product Analysts looking to “disrupt” the telecommunications industry by delivering unique, technology-focused product solutions.
- Responsible for business analysis and resulting recommendations, including: forecasting sales and churn, pricing and financial analysis, and providing regular readouts on tracking to forecasts
- Requirements gathering, use-case development, and definition of product vision and strategy
- Define, measure, and report on key business performance metrics, and determine data clean-up efforts and/or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality and accuracy of these metrics.
- Project management of various initiatives with the common objective of improving financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Develop effective processes and administer training in order to facilitate sales and service delivery
- Verify sales data accuracy and completion, and routinely interact with sales, finance, accounting, and operations in order to improve or update data.
- Act as the intermediary between sales, finance, engineering, IT development and legal teams
- Undergraduate degree with business, engineering or related field focus. MBA a plus
- 0-3 years of product, financial, or technology analyst experience. Telecommunications industry experience preferred but not required
- Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Experience analyzing data to derive insights to improve the business; experience using finance to determine whether a project is viable (NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave