PR Manager at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:43 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
Nylas is looking for a PR Manager to join our growing team! To help accelerate our growth and turn Nylas into a household name we are looking for a PR Manager to work cross-functionally to support media outreach, content creation, and messaging for communications programs and campaigns that high impact results and outcomes. Working with our Director of Communications, the ideal candidate has experience in a fast-moving SaaS environment and the ability to take ownership of multiple projects and programs from concept to completion.
What You'll Do
- Build and nurture relationships with key journalists and influencers within Nylas’ core market and broader ecosystem.
- Lead in amplifying PR campaigns that highlight Nylas’ core platform, underlying technologies, product roadmap, and technical thought leadership.
- Work directly with leaders and executives, and our growing developer community to curate compelling stories, pitches, bylines, and more.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, People, and Go-to-Market teams to uncover storytelling opportunities to educate the market on Nylas’ technology, product vision, and innovative use cases.
- Collaborate with our PR agency on media materials such as press releases, bylines, speaking proposals, and award submissions.
- Partner with the greater marketing team including Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Developer Relations, and more to ensure consistent messaging, voice, and tone for all external communications and engagements.
What You'll Bring
- 4-6 years of experience working in PR.
- Enterprise software/technology experience ideally focused on B2B SaaS and APIs.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technologies and solutions into compelling story angles, thought leadership campaigns, contributed content, and more.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with press and influencers.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to create content that reaches multiple audiences and channels.
- Experience working with executives, department leaders, and cross-functional teams.
- A passion for communications and storytelling.
$100,000 - $132,000 + equity
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.