The Platform Product Manager role will serve as the business owner for our developer platform and extensibility capabilities used by our customers, partners, and 3rd party developers. The role entails defining the vision and roadmap for the customer facing developer platform and extensibility infrastructure at Zoom, working in a cross-functional way with teams across the company to make Zoom and our customers successful, and it includes working with our ecosystem of technology and solution partners to align on joint technology and business integration roadmaps in this space.
- Owning our developer platform strategy and feature roadmap to deliver on the needs of Zoom Partners building apps,, embedding Zoom SDKs into their existing products, or who are creating new products and services with Zoom Platform at their core with technical and business teams across a range of technical levels and capabilities.
- Building an understanding of Zoom developers, both inside and outside large organizations.
- Creating and designing new APIs, and improving existing APIs to allow easier adoption of new platform capabilities. Launching new services to support Zoom developers, reducing friction, and increasing velocity of all Zoom developers.
- You will build fundamentals that enable and grow the ecosystem of apps connecting Zoom's products and services into multiple verticals, together with our partner-facing teams.
- In-tandem with engineering and leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable launch of new functionality for developers and our mutual customers.
- Drive execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both cross-functionally (internally) and with partners.
- Prioritize and collaboratively design new platform features for a variety of developer personas, use-cases, and business innovations.
- Understanding Zoom user, account, partner, administrator, and developer dynamics to build healthy ecosystems
- Be unafraid of data, using APIs to gather data, and building meaningful information from data to help create informed decisions
- Experience as a product manager working on technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms. Security interest or experience is optional but a plus.
- A passion for Zoom and the problems we are solving
- Desire to understand Zoom developers and users of varying skill levels and technical capabilities - their capabilities, needs, and how they work
- Ability to manage complex internal and external stakeholders and find creative solutions
- Track record of working with engineering and partner teams: people want to work with you again
- Full and applicable knowledge of REST APIs, REST API best practices, how to debugging REST API and REST API related developer issues
- Near real-time event subscriptions (aka: streaming data or pubsub), best practices, debugging skills
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram