Packaging Engineer II
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
This role will have the opportunity to make an impact on every single packaging decision across the Sunday portfolio. This portfolio currently consists of over 60 SKUs spanning both DTC products as well as retail. Our portfolio is growing rapidly at a rate of roughly 20 SKUs a year. The job will demand a proficiency in both ‘from-scratch’ design as well as current package analysis and optimization for cost, safety and efficiency. Our product line demands an ability and willingness to take advantage of a global packaging economy.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
This role will be responsible for executing on the design and implementation of the entire Sunday packaging portfolio. The role will have the responsibility of nurturing current supplier relationships while also pursuing new opportunities across international markets.
- Bachelor’s of Science in packaging science, packaging engineering, or related field
- 5-10 years experience in innovative packaging design. Experience in both new, from-scratch designs as well as packaging optimization projects.
- 5-10 years experience designing within a CAD software environment (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience in flexible pouches, rigid/blow molded containers, and corrugated design
- Experience designing for retail (corrugated design, case pack logic and pallet configuration)
- Experience maintaining a product portfolio within a PLM system
- Experience working in a global market and a proven track record of maintaining positive business relationships across international borders
- Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with little margin for error.
- Ability to contribute and build bonds within a dynamic and diverse team. A team first mentality is a strict requirement.
- Comfortable working within an often nebulous and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- 401(k) program
- Salary range: $115,000 - $130,000/Annually
- Location: Boulder, CO (remote location negotiable). Recently named the best place to live by U.S. News.
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you. www.getsunday.com